A year and a half ago we stopped having children. We did 3 rounds of IVF, found out I had PCOS and my body was in complete protest against all the hormonal injections. I was overweight before, but after IVF I gained over 250lbs. I got depressed and wanted to make a big change. So I turned to Keto.
Within a few months I was no longer depressed and I saw a change in my body. It was after I lost over 60lbs that my body really started to look different. Now I’ve lost 100lbs, still keto, still happy and living my best life. I always look back to appreciate the support from those around me and see that I can be the person I love to see in the mirror.
I love keto! It has been my salvation.

1. What tactics did you use to help you reach your goal? What helped you best achieve your goals?
One of the tactics I used that helped me reach my goal is to constantly change the way I eat keto. It depends on how my body is doing. Sometimes I’m more of a carnivore, sometimes I cut out dairy and nuts. Intermittent fasting really helped a lot for me, but now I find my body protesting. So I stopped for now.
2. What is the most impactful change you have made to your diet and why do you feel it is the most important?
The most impactful thing I made was when I started IF. It really changed a lot. I no longer felt like a slave to my internal feeding clock. I learned to eat when my body needed fuel and not just because it was time for breakfast.
3. What is the best advice you can give to someone just starting out?
My advice to anyone starting this lifestyle is to join the keto community. It helps to find answers and recipes. I have a special Instagram for Keto that helps keep me accountable.
4. How do you feel your life is now that you are on your goal?
I’m at my goal weight, but I don’t think I’m on my goal. There is no purpose in this way of eating. This is for life. I am still learning and loving this WOE.
5. What do you consider the biggest change in your daily life?
Keto changed the way we eat in our daily life. I used to eat fast and easily. Now I do meal prep, so I think about my meals ahead of time. And I take time to eat. I enjoy eating and don’t feel guilty about it.
6. What did you do to get help throughout your journey?
My biggest supporter is my husband. He doesn’t really understand what keto is, but he enjoys the food I make. And he supports me up and down. My other supporter is my mother. She even started eating low carb, because she is seeing my success.
7. What do you currently do to manage your daily diet?
I still have to make conscious choices about what I eat. I tend to overeat, so meal prep helps with that. Not having too many groceries and staying busy also helps a lot.
8. What is your favorite keto recipe from www.ruled.me that has become a staple?
My ultimate favorite recipe is cookies and cream ice cream. It takes some work, but it’s so delicious! I have to control myself, haha
9. If you could do one thing differently during your trip, what would it be and why?
I wish I knew how to properly apply the right amount of fat in the beginning. I think it’s a delicate balance that changes as your body changes. When you change, what you eat must change.
0 Comments