Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

April & Her Husband Lost 50 lbs Each


Keto has completely changed the quality of my life.

I had heard of keto before but as I have celiac disease, I wasn’t interested in restricting my diet any more than I already avoided gluten completely. I lived a miserable life health wise and I spent many years. My body was riddled with inflammation, digestive issues, pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, gallbladder issues, depression and anxiety. I was tired and sick all the time and in so much pain I was basically bed to couch.

Then one day a video came upon me YouTube recommendation Lineup on Keto and Inflammation. I had never found or seen any videos about Keto. I believe God put it there as an answer to my prayers. I looked it up and found that keto reduces inflammation in your body. It took all for me. I spent the whole day watching videos about Keto and researching the lifestyle. I called my husband at work and gave him a list of meals to eat on the way home so I could start the next day. Two days later I had more energy and was able to walk around without pain. I was surprised!

I talked my husband into trying it so he started three days after I did. We threw out everything bad and restocked with keto-friendly foods. I like mine Keto Cookbooks And trying new recipes. It doesn’t feel like you’re on a “diet” because there’s so much good food out there and you don’t have to eat like a bird. I was on low carb and lost ninety pounds years ago but it wasn’t sustainable. Choices were limited and I was hungry all the time. Suffice it to say, the weight came back.

I knew from the beginning that I wanted to exercise. I had strength trained with weights during my previous weight loss and enjoyed it, but I was so sick, tired and in pain that I thought I wouldn’t be able to do much at first. , but I was wrong. Two weeks after starting keto I started walking to get into the habit of exercise. The first day I was surprised! I was able to walk two miles with moderate hip pain that improved after my joints warmed up.

For someone who previously could barely walk from the car to the front door, it seemed like a miracle! In just a few weeks, I was running about four miles at a brisk pace while simultaneously doing upper-body exercises with three-pound dumbbells. I could hardly believe it! After about six weeks of walking workouts, I started total body workouts with weights. I was able to gain weight quickly. I noticed that the muscles grew faster and I had never felt so strong and energetic.

It’s been ten months since I started the keto lifestyle. I’ve never felt better in my life and as a bonus, I’ve lost 50 pounds and gone from a size 18 to a 10. I have never seen anything like it. My health has improved rapidly.

My husband also lost 50 pounds. It was harder for him to get used to because he’s never been on a diet before, but he’s doing great and has keto biscuits for breakfast, keto cupcakes with lunch, a tasty, filling dinner. , and keto ice cream for dessert.

Keto is not a “diet”. It is a way of life. It is a wonderful healing, energizing, satisfying way to eat for life.

I thank God for this video on my YouTube recommendation! It was an answer to prayers and Keto has been like a miracle to my life! I will never go back to the SAD (Standard American Diet) way of eating!

April's Husband's Weight Loss on Keto


1. What tactics did you use to help you reach your goal? What helped you best achieve your goals?

I have incorporated intermittent fasting and strength training three times a week to help me meet my short-term goals. As for long term goals, I just plan to continue this lifestyle for the rest of my life and allow my body to become the healthiest it can be at whatever weight it can be.

2. What is the most impactful change you have made to your diet and why do you feel it is the most important?

Ridding my diet of processed carbohydrates has had the biggest impact on my health. It has healed my body from what we know to be insulin resistance and high carbohydrate diets.

3. What is the best advice you can give to someone just starting out?

The best advice I would give a beginner is to start simple with basic ketogenic foods. Then as you study and develop, start incorporating the best recipes that are available. Don’t overwhelm yourself in the beginning.

4. How do you feel your life is now that you are on your goal?

The reduction in inflammation was amazing. My blood pressure was perfect. My pre-diabetes disappeared. My bladder problems are gone. I was able to stop taking acid reflux medication that I had taken for years. The headaches and nausea I had dealt with for years disappeared. I am able to stay happily active all day and sleep well at night. My anxiety and depression improved. It’s almost unbelievable!

5. What do you consider the biggest change in your daily life?

The biggest change in my daily life is how much energy I have and the ability to be active without getting sick or in pain.

6. What did you do to get help throughout your journey?

As for support, it helps that my husband lives this lifestyle as well. I got some too. People on YouTube Which motivates and inspires me and I never miss a video.

7. What do you currently do to manage your daily diet?

I use Carb Manager to help me keep track of what I’m eating and my macros.

8. What is your favorite keto recipe from www.ruled.me that has become a staple?

The recipe that has become a staple in my house is Thousand Island Dressing. This has always been my favorite dressing and I was happy to find this keto version.

9. If you could do one thing differently during your trip, what would it be and why?

One thing I would do differently during my travels is not to cheat on vacations. Although I learned a few things from my past eating some non-keto foods. One of them is that my taste has changed. The things I used to love didn’t taste so good anymore. Another is that I can no longer tolerate very sweet foods. Most importantly, eating this way makes me feel sick, tired, and miserable.



Source link

Post a Comment

0 Comments